- Width - 2 3/4"
- Length - not to exceed 7"
- Weight - Not over 5 Ounces
- Width between wheels - 1 3/4"
- Bottom clearance between car and track 3/8"
- GRAPHITE may be applied at home on axles, you cannot bring Graphite into Primrose
- Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles are permitted
- Cars must fit pack specifications (weight and length)
- Pre-made store bought cars can race, but will not be judged for awards (cars should be built by Scouts with parental guidance)
- Before race, check in at station and receive car number
- Cars that do not meet the CAR specifications above will not be eligible to be judged for awards
- Pit-stop and mechanics will be available for minor adjustments before and during the race
I. Fastest car awards:
Trophies -- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall for pack
Ribbons -- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place at each scout level
II. Judged Awards:
Tallest, shiniest, flattest, most colorful, scariest, funniest, most rustic, most original idea, most unusual, most aero-dynamic, most patriotic, best character themed, best sports themed and best Boy Scout themed
Templates and Design ideas
Tips and Techniques